Full-Time Hatchery Worker (NB)
Employment Status Available: Full-Time (40+ hours a week), Part-Time (24+ hours a week), or Casual (varied hours)
Positions Available In: Burtts Corner, New Brunswick
Start Date: As Soon As Possible
Starting At: $15.60
Atlantic Poultry Incorporated (API) provides high quality poultry products to customers throughout NB, NS, PEI and NL. API has evolved to become a significant stakeholder in the Atlantic Canada agriculture industry. We continue to be 100% owned by Atlantic Canadians and our goal is to maintain a strong and locally owned poultry industry.
The Hatchery Worker is responsible for the cleaning and sanitation of the Hatchery equipment and building as well as the removal of chicks from hatchers and transfer of eggs from setters to hatchers. The Hatchery Worker will be responsible for boxing eggs and egg transfers.
The work schedule for this position is primarily Monday to Friday with a Saturday morning rotation.
· Box eggs and egg transfers
· Handle chicks and eggs
· Clean and disinfect equipment using appropriate method (high pressure, mop, washer, etc.)
· General cleaning and set up of equipment and rooms
· Assist with building and equipment maintenance, as necessary
· Follow safety rules and guidelines
· Assist with after hours checks and putting eggs in incubators as required
· Other related tasks as required
The position operates indoors in a production environment. Work environment is warm and humid and dusty at times with strong odours. Standing for long periods of time, repetitive tasks, and heavy lifting are common.
HOW TO APPLY
API offers you an opportunity to work in the dynamic poultry industry and competitive wages. All interested applicants are asked to submit a resume. We appreciate all interest, however, only candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Send resume to [email protected]