Poultry Workers will work as part of the team ensuring the company’s animal husbandry practices are followed. They are responsible for the cleaning and sanitation of equipment and buildings, monitoring the health and welfare of the chickens, and maintain accurate daily records
The individual must be able to work flexible hours including holidays, weekends, and on-call shifts. Other tasks may be assigned as required.
· Box eggs and egg transfers
· Handle birds and eggs with care
· Clean and disinfect equipment using appropriate method (high pressure, mop, washer, etc.)
· Follow safety rules and guidelines.
· Assist with after hours checks and alarm calls as required
· Maintain accurate daily records
· Other tasks as required
· Grade 12 or equivalent preferred.
· Ability to work with live poultry.
· Strong commitment to health & safety.
· Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple demands
· Ability to lift up to 30 lbs for an extended period of time.
· Ability to work in a team environment.
· Experience in the agricultural industry preferable.
· Mechanical aptitude would be an asset.
· Comfortable using computers for basic data entry
· A valid driver’s license and own transportation to and from work
The position operates indoors working closely with live poultry. Work environment is warm and humid and dusty at times with strong odours. Standing for long periods of time, repetitive tasks, and heavy lifting are common.
API offers you an opportunity to work in the dynamic poultry industry and competitive wages.
All interested applicants are asked to forward a resume to: [email protected] We appreciate all interest, however, only candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted