Employment Status Available:
Full-Time (40+ hours a week), Part-Time (24+ hours a week), or Casual (varied hours)
Start Date: As Soon As Possible
Starting At: $14.60 per hour
Atlantic Poultry Incorporated (API) provides high quality poultry products to customers throughout NB, NS, PEI and NL. API has evolved to become a significant stakeholder in the Atlantic Canada agriculture industry. We continue to be 100% owned by Atlantic Canadians and our goal is to maintain a strong and locally owned poultry industry.
The Hatchery Worker is responsible for the cleaning and sanitation of the Hatchery equipment and building as well as the removal of chicks from hatchers and transfer of eggs from setters to hatchers. The Hatchery Worker will be responsible for boxing eggs and egg transfers at the NL location. This is a casual position with hours of work and days of work varying as required.
The individual must be able to work flexible hours including holidays and weekends.
Other tasks may be assigned as required.
· Box eggs and egg transfers
· Handle chicks and eggs
· Clean and disinfect equipment using appropriate method (high pressure, mop, washer, etc.)
· General cleaning and set up of equipment and rooms.
· Assist with building and equipment maintenance as necessary.
· Follow safety rules and guidelines.
· Assist with after hours checks and putting eggs in incubators as required
· Other related chores as required.
· Grade 12 or equivalent preferred
· Willing to work weekends, holidays, & on-call shifts
· Valid driver’s license and own transportation to and from work
· Does not have a backyard flock – no contact with chickens, turkeys, geese, or pet birds
· Ability to work with poultry
· Strong commitment to health & safety
· Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple demands
· Ability to lift up to 30 lbs for an extended period of time
· Ability to work in a team environment
The position operates indoors in a production environment. Work environment is warm and humid and dusty at times with strong odours. Standing for long periods of time, repetitive tasks, and heavy lifting are common.
API offers you an opportunity to work in the dynamic poultry industry and competitive compensation package.
All interested applicants are asked to forward a resume to [email protected] We appreciate all interest, however, only candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.