Atlantic Poultry Incorporated (API) provides high quality poultry products to customers throughout NB, NS, PEI and NL. API has evolved to become a significant stakeholder in the Atlantic Canada agriculture industry. We continue to be 100% owned by Atlantic Canadians and our goal is to maintain a strong and locally owned poultry industry.
Start Date: As Soon As Possible
Vacancies: 3 Full Time Positions Available
The Farm Labourer is responsible for general farm work that relates to barn preparation prior to new flocks arriving. This includes cleaning and washing of the barn. During the flock cycle the employee will help with bird vaccination, move birds from grow to lay barns and other farm related duties as required. Duties could include grass mowing and trimming, painting, garbage removal and other farm related chores as required.
· Remove litter from breeder barns.
· Clean out and washing of barns.
· Assisting with equipment maintenance.
· Grass mowing and trimming, painting and garbage removal.
· Farm related chores as required.
· Grade 12 or equivalent preferred.
· Ability to work with poultry.
· Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
· Ability to work in a fast paced environment with multiple demands.
· Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
· Ability to work in a team environment.
· Experience in the agricultural industry and/or food processing preferable.
· Mechanical aptitude would be an asset.
· Valid drivers’ license required.
· Experience operating farm tractors would be an asset.
· Strong commitment to health & safety.
API offers you an opportunity to work in the dynamic poultry industry, competitive compensation package which includes family health benefits, EAP and company pension.
All interested applicants are asked to forward a resume in private to: firstname.lastname@example.org. We appreciate all interest, however, only candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.