Employment Status Available: Full-Time (40+ hours a week)
Start Date: As Soon As Possible
Starting At: $14.85 per hour
Atlantic Poultry Incorporated (API) provides high quality poultry products to customers throughout NB, NS, PEI and NL. API has evolved to become a significant stakeholder in the Atlantic Canada agriculture industry. We continue to be 100% owned by Atlantic Canadians and our goal is to maintain a strong and locally owned poultry industry.
The Farm Labourer will work as part of the team ensuring the company’s animal husbandry practices are followed. Responsibilities of a Farm Labourer may include helping to unload shavings; handling birds, collecting eggs and weighing birds. The employee in this position will also assist with cleaning, washing and sanitizing the barns and equipment when they are empty. Help with barn set up and preparation for new flocks. The individual in this position will also help with transfer of birds from grow to lay barns.
The work schedule for this position is a rotation that includes weekends, averaging 40 hours per week. The individual must be able to work flexible hours including some holidays and be available to answer on-call alarms.
· Help with transfer of birds from grow to lay barns
· Weighing birds
· Barn preparation
· Unload shavings
· Egg gathering daily
· Daily barn maintenance i.e. cleaning floors, garbage removal, culling as required
· Assist with cleaning, washing and sanitizing the barns and equipment
· Grade 12 or equivalent preferred.
· Experience leading a team of 3 or more employees
· Ability to work with live poultry
· Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
· Ability to lift up to 30 lbs
· Strong commitment to health & safety
· Pleasant, outgoing personality, with a friendly positive approach to customer service.
· Experience in the agricultural industry and/or food processing preferable.
· Valid drivers’ license with a clean drivers abstract
The position operates indoors in a farm/barn environment. Work environment may be warm and humid, cold in the winter months, dusty at times with strong odours, and noisy. Standing for long periods of time and repetitive tasks are common.
Weekend and holiday work may be required based on operational requirements.
API offers you an opportunity to work in the
dynamic poultry industry and competitive wages. All interested applicants are asked to forward a
resume to: [email protected]. We appreciate all interest, however, only candidates chosen for an
interview will be contacted.