Employment Status Available: Casual, as required, varied hours
Starting Rate: $17.51 per hour
Schedule: Most Mondays & other shifts as required
Anticipated Start Date: As Soon As Possible
Atlantic Poultry Incorporated (API) provides high quality poultry products to customers throughout NB, NS, PEI and NL. API has evolved to become a significant stakeholder in the Atlantic Canada agriculture industry. We continue to be 100% owned by Atlantic Canadians and our goal is to maintain a strong and locally owned poultry industry.
The person in this casual position is required to pick up and deliver hatching eggs, move farm equipment as needed. This position requires someone that can work a flexible rotating schedule. The current business needs require an 8–10-hour shift on Mondays, with the possibility of additional days if business needs change.
This position is physically demanding; requiring the physical ability to lift weights of up to 45lbs for extended periods, during the loading and unloading of the truck. The position requires an individual with a valid Class 3 driver’s license with Air Brake Endorsement.
· Ability to work independently in a busy environment
· Time Management
· Good organizational and communication skills
· Strong commitment to health & safety
· High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
· Valid Class 3 driver’s license with air brakes endorsement
· Clean driver’s abstract
· Certification from recognized truck driving school or equivalent experience
· Defensive Driving Course is an asset
· Confident, consistent decisive personality
· Must be able to work with little supervision; must be self-directed
· Reliable and dependable
· Local travel
· Will be required to work both indoors and outdoors
· Weekend work may be required
· Ability to lift 45 pounds for extended periods
API offers you an opportunity to work in the dynamic poultry industry and competitive compensation package.
All interested applicants are asked to forward a resume to [email protected] We appreciate all interest, however, only candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.